As a sum up before we wrap 2018 up within few hours, I would like to share with you, nine of my best moments that happened in 2018. Well, at least ones that I remember 😊
*all are in no particular order. I write them based on my memory 😅
- A quite succesful summer trip with three kids (one of them are toddler😅) by train to several cities/countries (Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Rome, Cinque Terre, Bergamo). Although the weather was quite challenging but no big drama happened and everyone was healthy enough (once or twice one of us had minor sickness) to enjoy the holiday!
- Having a chance to celebrate Idul Fitri in Indonesia with my mum and siblings (also friends and relatives). Although I went to Indonesia not for long and only with the youngest, we still could manage some good family trip, meet up some close friends and enjoying the eid celebration that I’ve been missing for couple of years.
- One of my best friend came to visit me together with her family and stayed with us for few days. I don’t know how to describe it, but having someone you’re close to back from the hometown to see how you’re doing here makes your heart warm I guess :). My husband know them well as well and he knows how they meant for me so he didn’t mind them to stay either. Plus, you won’t feel any burden when the guests are self-conscious and voluntarily help you at home (you know what I mean😉). And as a bonus, they brought us quite a lot of stuff that only exist in Indonesia 😁.
- Having an escape trip to Split, Croatia with my husband 😊. My mom in law was so sweet she’s willing to take care of our kids (especially our 2 year old son) on a weekend. The city self had been served us very well. The food was amazing, as well as the view and the ambience – they were superb, it was surprisingly better than we expected. A recommended place to visit I must say.
- This year our toddler has shown positive development on his motoric skills, from getting better in walking and talking, to eating or finishing puzzles by himself. You really can see how a year can make things so different. I cannot believe how things changed so quickly (alhamdulillah wa syukurillah). And this November he just started his school period. Well, its just a playgroup (they called it here “peuterspeelzal”), he’s just Two after all! It was a bit of unplanned actually. At first I just wanna try the system by registering him on a playgroup closeby home (lazy mama 😜). The reason was because some friends here said that usually it takes like minimum 6 month before your kid can start to join in a class (due to high demand). But that not happened with Fabian. We were quite lucky I guess, because we only had to wait like a week (or two, not quite remember 😁) before he can start to join the group. First week was a success, but then the week after there were some dramas happened. The reason he became cranky on that week apparently because he was sick (stomach flu). Luckily afterwards things were doing OK. No soap opera when I leave or pick him up at school. Big achievement of the year 😊
- Alhamdulillah everyone received a bless from Allah SWT to reach and experiencing a new milestone (: age) this year. In January was my first son; in April was my mom; and then in August were me, mom in law and the youngest. September was the time of my daughter, which also happened to be our 5th wedding anniversary (yay to us!); and then lastly in November was my husband’s turn to have his birthday.
- Our backyard has been positively busy this year. The tulips were blossoming during the Spring time. And then during the summer time we got overwhelmed by so many courgette/zucchini and cucumber delivered from plants our kids have planted in the backyard. And recently, my husband found the pizza oven that fits to his dream 🙂 Although in my opinion the oven is way too expensive, but since he is seldom buying things crazily for his hobby (well, close to none actually), I didn’t mind him having the oven 😁.
- I received quite an amount from my pension arrangement in Indonesia. As some of you may know, I resigned from my work last year after my unpaid leave period has finished. At first I thought that I wouldn’t get anything from my pension arrangement (Taspen, THT) since I didn’t qualify the required period to receive pension (only 3 months less sniff). But some of my ex office colleagues said that I still could retrieve the certain pension (one time only, not monthly. They called it THT? Or Taspen if I’m not mistaken). After browsing a bit on the internet, I decided to just give it a go. Nothing to lose and I was there at that time anyway. After completing all the documents needed, I went to the appointed bank, submitted the documents, and then waited until the bank transferred the money to my account. Its as simple as that 🙂 it may be small to others, but for me it was quite a lot, especially when you thought you wouldn’t get anything from 9 years and 9 months of working 😂. Next time I will try to write down the process on a separate post (in Bahasa), who knows maybe it could help someone who has the same situation as mine 😉
- And last but not least, it came to my mind that best of this year were coming from those small uncountable and unexpected things which happened in my life that give colors to my day. Even the feeling of satisfaction after ironing a pile of clothes (although afterwards came the upset feeling thinking that I have to do this all over again 😂). Or the happines on discovering rambutan and manggis at your local supermarket and those fruits have made you got blinded (diamonds are less worth it for me if you put them side by side – at least here 😂)
I hope 2018 did good to you, and if it’s not, just take a deep breath and shake all those “less exciting” things off from you. Believe me, through this whole year my life was not that perfect either. There will always be rains in our life, but not to forget also rainbows that come afterwards. It’s not worth it if we only concentrate on those less-happy things than to our abundant bless. We can take them as a lesson in life and let’s hope that all will be better for the upcoming years.
All the best of luck for us in 2019!